Self employed since August 2022
- Current Project: UX Research, User Interviews, Wireframing and Usability Testing for a party planning app (GetTogether).
- Planning and designing a filter feature for an online event platform (Wuerzburg Web Week, a series of events related to digitalization).
- UX Research, User Interviews, Wireframing, Prototype, Usability Testing and UI for a learning app (Expert).
- UX Research, User Interviews, Wireframing and Usability Testingfor a vocabulary app (Fichier Française).
Freelance Designer and Illustrator
Self employed as a second job since August 2010
- Graphic Recordings for ShiftSCHOOL, BARC, IHK Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Protestant Church Germany and others
- Title illustrations for the magazine “Wirtschaft in Mainfranken” and book illustrations for self development manuals
- Logos for Fanø Classics, MGG, vocalogo etc.
- Brochures and flyers für IHK Würzburg-Schweinfurt, PADT, Wuerzburg WebWeek etc.
CEO and Design Lead
Identitätsarchitekten – Schmitt Löw Jeskulke GmbH | April 2006—August 2010
- Conducting Workshops about vision, mission, brand strategy (EDEKA: “Regional Concept”, SiLi: Vision, Kaffee Manufaktur: Business Model, Vogel Media: Vision,mission, Stadt Würzburg: Marketing concept etc.)
- Design Lead, developing Corporate Designs and realizing brochures, catalogues, flyers, websites etc. (Zentrum für angewandte Energieforschung, Ernst Apel GmbH Würzburg, Caritas Schulen gGmbH etc.)
- Counseling entrepreneurs like Kaffee Manufaktur, Filo Rosso etc. for Service Design and/or Branding
- Among first designers in Germany applying Design Thinking
Self employed Designer
Schmitt Identity Design | January 2005—March 2006
- Designing, Branding and Programming of interactive Websites (Adobe Flash) for Sport Shop Würzburg, Online Shop and others
- Concept and Design, Information Architecture: Website and Branding for Berufsfachschule für Logopädie
- Concept and Design for Website and Audio-CD for Michaela Schlotter (Pianist)
Schmitt & Pfefferkorn GbR | April 1997—December 2004
- Designing icons, logos, corporate designs, Websites for different clients
- Designing user interfaces and developing functional prototypes for health and navigation devices in Flash.
Experience in (Further) Education
IHK Akademie Digital GmbH | January 2021—December 2021
The company supports CCIs offering e-learning and blended learning to their customers and offers a learning platform, digital learning content and video driven classes.
- Networking Lead with stakeholders
- Marketing Lead
- Lead Developer for new products and courses.
Second head of the further education department CCI
IHK Würzburg-Schweinfurt (CCI) | September 2015—December 2020
- Marketing and promoting courses
- Research of customer needs and development of new course formats (Analogue and blended learning)
- First communication partner of the different stakeholders (Participants, trainers, examinors, academies…)
Team lead further education department CCI
IHK Würzburg-Schweinfurt (CCI) | September 2010—December 2015
- Marketing and promoting courses, digitalization of course schedules to streamline process
- Counceling and onboarding for courses (Onboarding workshops with students about learning etc.)
- Introducing blended learning as a new format, according to research
Self employed as a second job since 1990
- Trainer for different computer programs (Flash, QuarkXPress, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, GIMP etc.)
- Trainer for creative/visual topics (e. g. Innovation by Design, Creative project management, flipchart design and other visualizations)
- Trainer for the Bachelors Professional of Media (CCI) – Typography and design basics
Certificate in User Experience Design
CareerFoundry | July 2022—December 2022
- A 6-month intensive course for UX designers, specializing in UX methodology, data and research-driven approaches to design, as well as wireframing, prototyping and website optimization
Certificates in Visual Facilitation
Bikablo and The Doodle Institute | September 2019—March 2020
- 3 day, intense seminar with bikablo and an online seminar with Diane Bleck with weekly check-ins to evolve skills to facilitate people with visuals
Diploma in Communication Design
Fachhochschule Würzburg-Schweinfurt | Oct. 1991—January 1997
- The University of Appliedd Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt has a conceptual driven approach. Besides the learning of the tools and techniques they concentrate in the understanding of how communication processes work and what’s behind design decisions
Download the Resume as a PDF.